Last week’s inspection results from the Kansas Department of Agriculture:
Casey’s General Store 213 Washington, Ellis – June 6
An inspection following a complaint found two violations.
- In the self-service creamer station, there was mold present along the seals on the station. In the bottom side of the refrigeration section of the make-table, there was a small amount of mold present that could fall into open containers of food.
- In the back storage area, there were two gallons of paint that were being stored on a wooden shelf directly above a case of single-use cups. No evidence of leaking was found.
Starbucks Coffee 3126 Vine, Hays – June 6
A routine inspection found no violations.
Casey’s General Store 1301 Canterbury, Hays – June 5
A follow-up inspection from an administrative order found no violations.
The Otter Juice Company 2306 Vine, Hays – June 5
A routine inspection found one violation.
- In the back storage area on wire racks, there are two food grade plastic containers that had direct contact with food that are cracked along the corners and bottom side of the containers.
SNS Hays Public Library 1205 Main, Hays – June 5
A routine inspection found two violations.
- In the (Shared) Single Door Kenmore Refrigerator there was a personal container of raw shelled eggs being stored on a solid plastic shelf directly above covered cut cucumbers. No evidence of leaking was found.
- On the buffet line, cooked corn and cooked peas were found at a temperature of 113 F.
Gutierrez/Trio Tap House 1106 E. 27th, Hays – June 3
A routine inspection found five violations.
- On the Gutierrez side of the establishment, the double-sided make-table on the main kitchen line had an ambient temperature of 41 F. On the south side of the make-table there were cut tomatoes found at 54 F, cut lettuce at 50 F and shredded cheese at 48 F.
- On the Gutierrez side of the establishment in the walk-in cooler, there was a container of shredded beef with a date of 5/22/19. On the Trio side of the establishment in the two-door Pepsi cooler, there were 2 containers of fully cooked pasta with no date of when it was cooked.
- The Trio’s Menu has the Consumer Advisory printed on the menu and there are a couple of menu items that have the asterisk and several “Steaks” that do not.
- In the Gutierrez prep kitchen on the wire shelf next to the mechanical ware washing machine, there were five plastic food grade containers that had imperfections present along the edges and corners. These containers come into direct contact with food.
- In the Gutierrez bar, there were two containers of sanitizing tablets that were being stored on wire racks directly above two containers used to foam heavy cream. No evidence of leaking was found.