The 105th annual Roundup will be held Thursday, April 18, in the auditorium at the KSU Agricultural Research Center – Hays. Registration will open at 9 a.m. (CST), with the program beginning at 10 a.m (CST).
The schedule is below:
• 9:00 Registration, commercial trade show, and rolls and refreshments
• 10:00 Welcome – Dr. John Jaeger, Beef Cattle Scientist
• 10:10 New Insights into Subseasonal, Seasonal, and Interanual Variability of Weather and Climate Extremes in the Great Plains – Dr. Jeffrey Basara, University of Oklahoma, Director, Kessler Atmospheric and Ecological Field Station and Director of Research, Oklahoma Climatological Survey
• 11:05 Bovine anaplasmosis ‐ What we know/ What we want to know – Dr. Kathryn Reif, KSU Center of Excellence for VectorBorne Diseases.
• 12:00 Lunch – An offering of Smokin’ Co. BBQ wedding roast and sides – all compliments of Golden Plains Trucking, Carrico Implement, Big Creek Veterinary Service, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Elanco Animal Health
• 12:45 A Review of Limit Feeding: An old time feeding method that deserves attention in today’s feeding and environment conditions – Dr. Dale Blasi, Beef Cattle Nutrition and Management Extension Specialist
• 1:40 Rangeland Wildfire: The Road to Recovery – Dr. Keith Harmoney, Range Scientist
• 2:15 Effect of Intensive Early Stocking Cow/Calf pairs on cow performance – Dr. John Jaeger, Beef Cattle Scientist
• 3:00 Adjourn
For more information, contact John Jaeger, email@example.com, 785-625-3425, Ext.211
Registration is available by contacting Milissa at 785-625-3425, Ext.200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alicia Boor is an Agriculture and Natural Resources agent in the Cottonwood District (which includes Barton and Ellis counties) for K-State Research and Extension. You can contact her by e-mail at email@example.com or calling 620-793-1910.