Job Title: Membership Coordinator
Reports to: President/CEO, Hays Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Membership Coordinator answers directly to the President/CEO, and as such will carry out functions and responsibilities as directed by the President/CEO. The President/CEO will have a wide scope of authority in assigning various tasks to the Membership Coordinator.
- Responsible for keeping all membership information, dues structure and resources updated, organized and available for reports.
- Create systematic membership drives and retention processes. In addition, obtain new Chamber memberships and help retain them beyond their first year of membership by implementing programming for membership retention.
- Communicate, connect and develop relationships with existing chamber members as needed, with a goal to reach out to all members annually if possible.
- Sell advertising, programs, and sponsorships for events and programs as deemed necessary by the President/CEO.
- Assist with the collection of overdue membership dues.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating details for special events, programs and projects as deemed necessary by the President/CEO.
- Schedule for weekly Chamber Chats, Ribbon Cutting events, and Business After Hours.
- Assist other Chamber staff to ensure reception information services are available at all times for the Chamber of Commerce.
- Assist other Chamber staff in maintaining Chamber Cheques, plans room, bulk rate stamp and other office procedures as necessary.
This job description may be changed and/or modified by the President/CEO and/or the Board of Directors, as they deem appropriate. The Membership Coordinator will be consulted if and when such action occurs.
Performance Reviews will be completed annually with action steps and timeline determined if needed. Written summary of review will be placed in employee file.