A surface trough of low pressure near the Colorado state line will remain nearly stationary through tonight. It will start to turn colder Monday, with the coldest air plunging southward though Western Kansas Monday night into Wednesday. There is a chance for snow across Southwestern Kansas Monday night and Tuesday, with some accumulation possible.
A few Western Kansans may see a white Christmas.
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 16. East southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 13. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 35. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Christmas Day: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.