FHSU University Relations and Marketing Wichita Area Technical College will be the newest partner with Fort Hays State University in the university’s Technology Leadership Program when WATC President Sheree Utash and FHSU President Mirta M. Martin sign a transfer agreement at 1 p.m. Thursday, June 30, in the main lobby of the Gateway Administration Center […]
All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. —————————————— Jonathan Michael Scothorn, 25, Hays, was arrested at 1:19 p.m. June 16 in the 1800 block of East 25th on suspicion of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and contributing to the misconduct of a child. Garret Riley Stoppel, 19, Russell, […]
Hays Medical Center HaysMed’s Rock Garden Café is participating in the James Beard Blended Burger Project. John Fitzthum, Executive Chef/Food Service Director at HaysMed, has created the Blue Hill Blended Burger to enter into the competition. The Blended Burger Project encourages chefs to create a healthier, more sustainable, and tastier burger that can be enjoyed […]
The Hays Police Department responded to 7 animal calls and 13 traffic stops Mon., June 27, 2016, according to the HPD Activity Log. Suspicious Person–500 block W 7th St, Hays; 3:50 AM; 4:05 AM Found/Lost Property–4300 block Vine St, Hays; 9:04 AM Animal At Large–200 block W 22nd St, Hays; 10:17 AM Harassment (All Other)–100 […]
After a two-day special legislative session which adjourned in the dusk of Friday, we need to see just who won what, or at least who claims credit for what leading into the election season. Did the Kansas Supreme Court win by using its power—essentially the threat to close schools—to force lawmakers to provide equal support […]
Planning a yard sale this weekend? Submit your weekend garage sale listings to Hays Post. Submissions will be compiled and published FREE on Friday and Saturday via HaysPost.com and social media. Simply fill out and submit the form below by noon Wednesday! TIPS on having a GREAT garage sale!
Today A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. East wind 6 to 10 mph. Tuesday Night A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. East southeast wind 6 to 10 mph. WednesdayA 30 percent […]
These special previews are brought to you by PAUL-WERTENBERGER CONSTRUCTION INC. NORTHWESTERN PRINTERS DISCOUNT FIREWORKS, 2306 Vine EAGLE COMMUNICATIONS The 22nd annual Wild West Festival in Hays is scheduled for June 30 to July 4. Hays Post is partnering with the Wild West Festival committee to offer a sneak peak at the performers taking the […]
BARTON COUNTY – A Central Kansas bank reports they were able fend off a fraudulent wire transfer in the amount of $15,000. First Kansas Bank President Paul Snapp says the case was the reverse of what recently happened with Barton County involving a wire transfer scam. Unlike when the Barton County Treasurer was asked to […]
PHILLIPSBURG — Tickets go on sale July 1 for the 87th annual Phillipsburg Rodeo. Kansas Biggest Rodeo, as it is known, kicks off August 4-6 at the rodeo grounds north of Phillipsburg. Tickets can be purchased by phone or in person at Heritage Insurance in Phillipsburg (685 Third; 785-543-2448) or at the gate the nights […]
FHSU University Relations A $116,000 grant from the National Science Foundation will expand the reach of paleontology studies at Fort Hays State University’s Sternberg Museum of Natural History, 3000 Sternberg Drive. “The grant will allow the Sternberg Museum to hire FHSU graduate and undergraduate students to work in the paleontology collection and to purchase imaging […]
The city of Hays just might be the only city around with this type of attraction. Mike Cooper visits with City Parks Director, Jeff Boyle to find out what the attraction is.
KDADS The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) on Monday announced grantees for Partnership for Success 2015 (PFS 2015). Grantees will use these funds to address the problems of underage drinking in their communities. The four Kansas coalitions awarded the PFS 2015 underage drinking prevention grants include Woodson County Interagency Coalition, Live Well […]