“Author Archive”
Stories written by National Weather Service

Sunny, hot Thursday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 5.46.35 AM

Afternoon temperatures will range from mid 90s to around 100 degrees over the next few days. A chance for thunderstorms will also be possible each evening, especially across western and north central Kansas. Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 99. South southwest wind 7 to 16 mph. Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Sunny, windy Wednesday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 4.56.43 AM

Hot weather can be expected through Saturday with only small chances for thunderstorms, mainly in far western Kansas and along Interstate 70. A cold front is expected to pass through western Kansas Sunday, with cooler temperatures and better chances for thunderstorms. The timing of this front is still in question and it could be delayed […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Hot, windy Tuesday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 6.06.01 AM

Hot weather can be expected through Saturday with only small chances for thunderstorms, mainly in far western Kansas and along Interstate 70. A cold front is expected to pass through western Kansas Sunday, with cooler temperatures and better chances for thunderstorms. The timing of this front is still in question and it could be delayed […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Sunny, hot Monday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 5.44.25 AM

Hot weather will persist through this week with only small thunderstorm chances. A cold front may bring some relief from the heat by Sunday or early next week. Today A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 98. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Warm, wet Friday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 5.23.49 AM

Above normal high temps can be expected into next week with highs in the mid to upper 90s. There will also be a small chance for thunderstorms each day, mainly in the afternoons and evenings. Today Showers and thunderstorms likely before 2pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Partly sunny, with […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Sunny, windy Thursday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 5.40.15 AM

Highs will be warm and in the mid 90s into the Weekend, with lows in the upper 60s. Scattered thunderstorms will develop across far western Kansas later this afternoon then spread east tonight. There is a small chance for thunderstorms into the Weekend. Today A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8am. Mostly […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Sunny, warm Wednesday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 5.50.40 AM

Mostly sunny skies today with highs in the lower to mid 90s this afternoon. Today Sunny, with a high near 90. Southeast wind 5 to 13 mph. Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 65. Southeast wind 10 to 14 mph. Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 94. South southeast wind 10 to 16 […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Sunny, warm Tuesday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 6.17.59 AM

Mostly sunny skies today with highs up into the 80s across central Kansas this afternoon and lower to mid 90s in extreme southwest Kansas. Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Tonight Clear, with a low around 63. East southeast wind 7 to […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Sunny, warm Monday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 4.57.27 AM

Mostly sunny skies today with highs up into the mid to upper 80s this afternoon. Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. North wind 6 to 13 mph. Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 61. North northeast wind 5 to 11 mph becoming east after midnight. Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Partly sunny, chance for more rain »

Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 7.24.59 AM

Scattered showers and thunderstorms will be possible again today, but the coverage will be less than what occurred Thursday night. A continued chance will exist during the weekend. Today Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 7am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 7 […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Partly sunny Thursday, chance for more showers »

Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 6.00.35 AM

Today A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 93. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Tonight A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Friday A 30 percent chance of […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Warm Wednesday, chance of showers »

Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 5.52.28 AM

Seasonably warm summertime weather will continue this week with highs in the upper 80s to mid 90s and a chance for thunderstorms nearly every day. Scattered thunderstorms can be expected in central and south central Kansas late this afternoon. More widespread thunderstorms will occur across northern Kansas Thursday night. Today A slight chance of showers […]

Posted in Local | Read More »

Sunny, hot Tuesday »

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 5.33.49 AM

Seasonably hot summer weather can be expected today with highs in the low to mid 90s. Lows tonight will be in the upper 60s. Widely scattered thunderstorms will move into western Kansas toward evening and should reach central Kansas after midnight. Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 97. South wind 8 to 17 mph. […]

Posted in Local | Read More »