According to Fire Chief Gary Brown, police officers first on the scene reported the vehicle, sitting in the driveway, was “well-involved” in fire. As a precaution, off-duty firefighters and Ellis County EMS were called in case the fire spread to the house.
Firefighters were able to quickly get the vehicle fire under control. It did not spread to the house.
Brown said the “quick-thinking residents discovered the car on fire in the attached garage and pushed it out into the driveway.”
The fire, most likely caused by an electrical short, caused heavy damage to the vehicle.