NCK Tech faculty honored at Skills USA conference
The Skills USA competitions are focused on student talents and achievements, but the organization also recognizes the significant contributions of career technical education faculty.
This year, during the 50th annual Skills USA National Leadership and Skills Conference, held last month in Kansas City, Mo., 46 technical programs in Kansas earned a section membership award for supporting the goals and purposes of Career Technical Education through SkillsUSA.
Eight faculty members from NCK Tech earned 100% Section awards, indicating they had enrolled 15 or more student members of their programs in SkillsUSA. The instructors and programs were:
• Robert Gibbens, Auto Service Technology (Beloit campus)
• Mark Rathbun, Auto Service Technology (Hays campus)
• Mike Cheney, Carpentry (Beloit campus)
• Kris Jones, Diesel Equipment Technology (Beloit campus)
• Brent Hubert, Collision Repair Technology (Beloit campus)
• Allan Hill, Residential Wiring (Hays campus)
• Bob Meistrell, Welding (Hays campus)
The instructors will be awarded 100% Section Certificates and Pins during a Skills USA update presented at the Kansas Association of Career Technical Education conference July 27 to 30 in Manhattan.