Position Title: TRACTOR TRAILER DELIVERY (PERSON)
Supervisor: Delivery Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager
Position Purpose: Tractor Trailer Delivery drivers deliver and unload products at ATD customers, as well as pick-up returns, warranty items, and truck-tire casings. These driving positions within large geographic regions usually require some overnight travel.
The primary and ultimate responsibility of TRACTOR TRAILER DELIVERY (PERSON) is as follows:
1) The Tractor Trailer Delivery person must have the ability to understand, communicate, and follow through with American Tire Distributors’ policies regarding acceptance of returns, warranty items, and truck-tire casings from customers
2) Responsibilities include completion of all paperwork including pre and post trip vehicle inspection forms, Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory logbooks, mileage reports, and various Company product sales and credit documents.
3) Problem resolution and communication skills are essential to effectively deal with any unanticipated customer related issues and to resolve those issues in a manner that results both ethical and positive customer relations
4) The ATD driving/delivery position incorporates interaction with sales staff, customer service staff, and our customers, as well as to safely operating equipment on the open road
Success Factors/Key Metrics:
- Drivers must safely operate assigned vehicles according to federal traffic laws and regulations
- Drivers will be required to have general knowledge of the assigned route and additional routes within the assigned region (for back-up purposes)
- Drivers must maintain safe working practices in accordance with OSHA regulations and Company policy to minimize risk of injury to others and self.
- Product knowledge is a necessity to ensure unloading of correct product at each customer site, as well as pick-up of items according to documentation
- Drivers must be able to complete Company-standardized paperwork in an accurate and legible manner to ensure credits are posted to accounts on a timely basis
Key Partners (Positions):
- Delivery Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager
- Delivery Staff
- General Manager
- Director of Operations
- Sales Staff
- Customer Service Representatives
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum 4 years High School or GED
- Required: A current Class “A” CDL and valid in-state license
- 21 Years of Age or older
- Must pass a DOT (Dept. of Transportation) physical and drug screen
- Physically able to handle loading and unloading of all products
- Experience: Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Basic reading and legible writing skills
- Good aptitude for math to perform basic calculations in handling sales transactions, including collection, reconciliation and depositing of receivables
- Drivers are required to have knowledge of the delivery area, which includes multiple counties in the states assigned
- Drivers are required to have knowledge of the delivery areas around their assigned routes and be ready to assume other route assignments when needed
- Drivers should enjoy working with people and be able to interact with customers to effectively coordinate customer-transactions, as well as enjoy working with our sales and customer service staff.; Drivers are ATD’s primary connection to the marketplace..
- Think Strategically and Innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
ALL INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT A RESUME TO: NPRESUMES@ATD-US.COM