Find out more about the Affordable Care Act
First Care Clinic’s Certified Navigator, Sayre Shuck, will be at the Ellis Public Library Tuesday, January 7 at 7:00 p.m. to answer questions regarding health insurance offered under the Affordable Care Act.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was passed into law March 31, 2010.
As a result all individuals and families are required to have health insurance beginning in 2014. Otherwise, they will have to pay a fee when filing their 2014 income taxes. There are tax credits to help pay monthly premiums and cost share reductions to assist with deductibles, coinsurance and co-pays for those who qualify.
Shuck said in a news release that she will present information about ACA and can assist with individuals’ applications. She’ll be in the following locations next month:
- Tuesday, January 7 at 2:00 PM at the Plainville Memorial Library
- Tuesday, January 7 at 7:00 PM at the Ellis Public Library
- Monday, January 13 at 2:00 PM at the Russell Public Library
- Thursday, January 16 at 2:00 PM in the basement of First Care Clinic, 105. W. 13th, Hays
- Tuesday, January 21 at 5:30 PM in the basement of First Care Clinic
For more information call Shuck at 785-621-4990.