Concealed and Carry on Commission Agenda (VIDEO)
CITY OF HAYS COMMISSION MEETING THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2013 – 6:30 P.M. Watch it Live in Eagle Channel 14 or 614
1. Call to order by Chairperson.
2. MINUTES: Consider approval of the minutes from the regular meeting held on
November 26, 2013. (PAGE 1)
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS: (non-agenda items).
4. CONSENT AGENDA: (Items to be approved by the Commission in one motion, unless objections are raised).
A. Cereal Malt Beverage License Applications: Consider approving various Cereal Malt Beverage License renewals for 2014.
B. Mayoral Appointment Recommendations: Sister Cities Advisory Board
(No business to review)
5. HAYS RECREATION COMMISSION POOL REIMBURSEMENT FOR 2013: Consider approving the reimbursement request from the Hays Recreation Commission for one-half of the total loss for pool operations for the 2013 season to be paid from the Swimming Pool budget for 2013.
6. CONCEALED CARRY IN MUNICIPAL BUILDINGS: Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-024 to allow for a four-year exemption from the requirements of House Bill 2052 for City-owned buildings. (PAGE 29)
Assistant Hays City Manager Paul Briseno explains the process:
7. 41ST STREET CONSTRUCTION – AWARD OF BID AND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING AGREEMENT: Consider authorizing the Mayor to sign the resolution from KDOT authorizing the commitment of City funds awarding a contract to APAC- Kansas, Inc. for the reconstruction of 41st Street, and to sign the three-party agreement with KDOT and Alfred Benesch & Company for Construction Engineering Inspection for the reconstruction of 41st Street.
8. 2014 STATEMENT OF LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES: Consider approving the 2014 Statement of Legislative Priorities for the City of Hays.
9. ADDENDUM TO THE MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT WITH THE HAYS FIREFIGHTERS LOCAL 2119 FOR 2014: Consider approving the Addendum to the Memorandum of Agreement between the City of Hays and the Hays Firefighters Local 2119 for 2014.
10. REPORT OF THE CITY MANAGER
11. COMMISSION INQUIRIES AND COMMENTS
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF REQUIRED)
ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY NEEDING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS TO ATTEND THIS MEETING SHOULD CONTACT THE CITY MANAGER’S OFFICE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED MEETING TIME. EVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE TO ACCOMMODATE ANY REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE.