Dog park and Truck purchase on Commission Agenda
CITY OF HAYS COMMISSION MEETING THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2013 – 6:30 P.M. Watch it LIVE on Eagle channel 14 or 614
1. Call to order by Chairperson.
2. MINUTES: Consider approval of the minutes from the regular meeting held on
October 10, 2013. (PAGE 1)
3. HAYS EMPLOYEE SERVICE RECOGNITION: Recognize City of Hays employees for
their length of service to the Hays community. (PAGE 3)
4. FINANCIAL STATEMENT: Consider accepting the Financial Statement for the month of
September 2013. (PAGE 9)
5. CITIZEN COMMENTS: (non-agenda items).
6. PRESENTATION OF SMART RURAL COMMUNITY AWARD: Representatives of Nex-Tech will present the Smart Rural Community Award to the City of Hays. (PAGE 69)
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (Items to be approved by the Commission in one motion, unless objections are raised).
A. Business Resolution: Dora Lee’s Upscale Resale (PAGE 73)
B. Mayoral Appointment for Approval: Hays Area Board of Zoning Appeals (PAGE 75)
(No business to review)
8. HAYS DOG PARK – PHASE I AND PHASE 2 FUNDING: Consider approving construction bids for Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Hays Dog Park with funds transferred from the Friends of the Hays Dog Park into the Special Park budget and remaining items of Phase 2 to be purchased once FHDP raises adequate funds. (PAGE 77)
9. RESOLUTION TO REPEAL RESOLUTION NO. 2013-017 WHICH ESTABLISHED A BENEFIT DISTRICT FOR LOTS 1-24 WITHIN THE REPLAT OF LOT 2, BLOCK 9, GOLDEN BELT 8TH ADDITION: Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-022 to repeal Resolution No. 2013-017 which established a Benefit District for Lots 1-24 within the Replat of Lot 2, Block 9, Golden Belt 8th Addition. (PAGE 83)
10. GOLDEN BELT ESTATES 5TH ADDITION PHASE II RESOLUTION TO ESTABLISH BENEFIT DISTRICT (JAGGER COURT): Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-023 authorizing the creation of a special benefit district for infrastructure improvements for the development of 16 lots adjacent to Jagger Court within the Golden Belt Estates 5th Addition. (PAGE 93)11. SCHOOL ZONE ORDINANCE: Consider approving Ordinance No. 3874 amending Section 62-109 of the City of Hays, Kansas, Municipal Code regarding school zones, and direct staff to install related signage. (PAGE 101)
12. WATER AND SEWER LINE IMPROVEMENTS: FORT STREET, 26TH STREET AND US-183 BYPASS – AWARD OF BID: Consider authorizing the City Manager to enter a Contract with APAC-Kansas, Inc. for the waterline upgrades on Fort and 26th Streets, and for replacement of sanitary sewer force main along the US-183 By-pass. Funding would be from the Water and Sewer Capital Reserve fund. (PAGE 109)
13. PURCHASE OF 1-TON UTILITY TRUCK FOR THE UTILITIES DEPARTMENT: Consider approving the bid from Bob Moore Ford, LLC for the purchase of the 1-ton utility truck for the Utilities Department. (PAGE 117)
14. PROGRESS REPORT
15. REPORT OF THE CITY MANAGER (PAGE 123)
16. COMMISSION INQUIRIES AND COMMENTS
17. EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF REQUIRED)