The Hays Public Library- Public Relations Coordinator.
This part-time position will be involved with a variety of Library projects and services that involve coordination with Librarians and the Director, and the primary responsibilities for the position are:
- Writes and submits press releases about upcoming programs and events to various news media
- Enters information about programs and events on various online calendars
- Creates brochures and other communications for internal and external Library use
- Coordinates radio segments and other news media interviews for Librarians
- Assists with the development of content for the Library website as needed
- Assists with other projects as needed under the supervision of the Director, including
media releases for the Friends of the Hays Public Library and the Hays Public Library Trust
The ideal candidate is proficient with Word, Publisher, and Adobe CS. Video editing experience is preferred but not required.
This position is under the supervision of the Senior Librarian and will be scheduled 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and the salary is $9.50 per hour. Candidates must be available during daytime hours, mornings preferred. Preference given to previous library experience.
Deadline is November 6, 2013.
Application should include an application form, resume, and two writing samples: a book review and a press release. Send to Marleah Augustine, Hays Public Library, 1205 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601, or submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms and a full job description are available on-line at our website – Click Here.