City Commission to Discuss Airport Terminal Improvements and More
- Call to order by Chairperson.
- MINUTES: Consider approval of the minutes from the regular meeting held on
May 23, 2013. (PAGE 1)
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: (non-agenda items).
- CONSENT AGENDA: (Items to be approved by the Commission in one motion, unless objections are raised).
A. Cereal Malt Beverage License Application: DHDC – Blues & Barbeque (PAGE 9) B. Mayoral Appointments for Approval: Airport Advisory Committee (PAGE 15)
C. Mayoral Appointment Recommendation: Hays Beautification Committee (PAGE 19)
(No business to review)
- GO BONDS, SERIES 2013-A – PUBLIC HEARING FOR SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS: Conduct a public hearing to consider proposed special assessments for public improvements for Golden Belt Estates 4th Addition and the Replat of 46th Street First Addition. (PAGE 23)
- GO BONDS, SERIES 2013-A – ORDINANCE LEVYING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS: Consider approving Ordinance No. 3863 levying special assessments for the costs of internal improvements to Golden Belt 4th Addition and the Replat of 46th Street First Addition. (PAGE 25)
- GO BONDS, SERIES 2013-A – RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE OFFERING FOR SALE OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS, SERIES 2013-A: Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-014 authorizing the offering for sale of General Obligation Refunding and Improvement Bonds, Series 2013-A. (PAGE 37)
- VIA CHRISTI – TEFRA PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE RETIREMENT OF HEALTH CARE FACILITY REVENUE BONDS, SERIES 2012-A: Conduct a TEFRA public hearing to consider the retirement of Via Christi Health Care Facility Revenue Bonds, Series 2012-A,. (PAGE 61)
- VIA CHRISTI – TEFRA RESOLUTION: Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-015 approving the issuance of Revenue Bonds by the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority for the defeasance of Via Christi Health Care Facility Revenue Bonds, Series 2012-A. (PAGE 63)
- VIA CHRISTI – CONVEYANCE RESOLUTION: Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-016 authorizing the conveyance of facilities back to the Via Christi Village Hays, Inc. and authorizing the execution of all necessary documents. (PAGE 71)
- CONTRACT SEWER CLEANING: Consider accepting the low bid from Mayer Specialty Services, LLC to clean and video sewer lines in Hays with funding from the Wastewater Treatment and Collection Projects line item. (PAGE 105)
- WALKER MD MOWER PURCHASE FOR CEMETERY USE: Consider approving the purchase of a Walker MD mower from Pro-Green Total Lawn Care with budgeted funds from the New Equipment Reserve. (PAGE 111)
- AIRPORT TERMINAL IMPROVEMENTS – HAYS REGIONAL AIRPORT: Consider authorizing the City Manager to submit an application for federal assistance for the engineering of terminal improvements at the Hays Regional Airport. (PAGE 115)
- RESOLUTION TO ESTABLISH BENEFIT DISTRICT FOR LOTS 1-24 WITHIN THE REPLAT OF LOT 2, BLOCK 9, GOLDEN BELT 8TH ADDITION: Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-017 authorizing the creation of a special benefit district for the construction of improvements to Lots 1-24 within the Replat of Lot 7, Block 9 of the Golden Belt 8th Addition. (PAGE 129)
- GOLDEN BELT ESTATES 5TH ADDITION – REZONING: Consider approving Ordinance No. 3864 rezoning the property known as Golden Belt Estates 5th Addition from A-L (Agricultural District) to R-2 (Single-Family Dwelling District). (PAGE 137)
- GOLDEN BELT ESTATES 5TH ADDITION – FINAL PLAT: Consider approving Resolution No. 2013-018 accepting the final plat known as Golden Belt Estates 5th Addition. (PAGE 147)
- GOLDEN BELT ESTATES 5TH ADDITION – ANNEXATION: Consider approving Ordinance No. 3865 for the annexation of the proposed Golden Belt Estates 5th Addition as legally described within the ordinance. (PAGE 153)
- HOUSING STUDY GROUP REPORT: Hear a report about the findings of the Housing Study Group. (PAGE 161)
- AMENDED ECONOMIC DEVELOMENT POLICY – RURAL HOUSING IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (RHID): Consider approving the amended Economic Development Policy containing the Rural Housing Improvement District language. (PAGE 165)
- 41ST STREET RIGHT-OF-WAY – SMOKY HILL COUNTRY CLUB: Consider approving an offer for the acquisition of a temporary construction easement and a permanent drainage easement from the Smoky Hill Country Club for the proposed reconstruction of 41st Street from the US-183 Bypass to Hall Street. (PAGE 215)
- REPORT OF THE CITY MANAGER (PAGE 223)
- COMMISSION INQUIRIES AND COMMENTS
23. EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF REQUIRED) 24. ADJOURNMENT
ANY PERSON WITH A DISABILITY NEEDING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS TO ATTEND THIS MEETING SHOULD CONTACT THE CITY MANAGER’S OFFICE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED MEETING TIME. EVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE TO ACCOMMODATE ANY REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE.