KHAZ Country Music News: Country Stars Roll Out the Red Carpet for the Mothers in Their Lives This Weekend
Mothers are constantly popping up in country songs from Carrie Underwood’s “Mama’s Song” to Garth Brooks‘ “Papa Loved Mama” to Miranda Lambert‘s latest hit, “Mama’s Broken Heart.” While all those songs may not be appropriate for Mother’s Day this Sunday, quite a few country stars are paying tribute to the special moms in their lives this weekend:
– Miranda Lambert loves to cut loose with her mom, Beverly, on the road. She says, “My mom is a riot. She’s like, such a party animal. She loves to be on the road with me.”
Miranda admits she wouldn’t be where she is today without her mom, dad and brother standing behind her all these years.
“They know when I need my space, but they also know when I need support,” Miranda explains. “So it’s really great to have a family like that.”
– This Mother’s Day, Darius Rucker will give his wife Beth the gift most moms would dream of — getting time away from the kids. Darius admits he’s not really a good gift-giver, because he’s given Beth permission to just buy whatever she wants.
He says, “I think my time is the best thing I can give to my family, because I’m on the road so much. So, that’s what I try to do.”
– Eric Church owes his success as a country star to his mother, who he credits with passing on her musical talent to him. He says, “She sings great, always has, her mom sung great. I owe my musical chops to her. And she still sings some.”
On a larger scale, Eric credits his mother with making him who he is today.
“I think that she’s given me a lot of the qualities that it has taken for me to get me where I am,” he says. “Not only as a musician, but as a man.”
– Little Big Town‘s Karen Fairchild always dreamed of becoming a mother, and now she’s thankful to have her little son Elijah with husband and band mate Jimi Westbrook.
Karen says, “There isn’t anything that means more to me than sitting on the bench and eating a grilled cheese sandwich with this little guy that calls me mama. There isn’t anything better than that. He’s just a little miracle.”
– Brad Paisley‘s mother plays a big role in his two sons’ lives, especially since his wife Kimberly Williams-Paisley started appearing on ABC’s Nashville.
Says Brad, “My mom has become even more important now that I have children because no one works harder at picking up the slack in our children’s lives than my mom. Her and my dad are invaluable.”
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Join fans of 99 KZ Country on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/99KZCountry