The Kansas Department of Commerce continues to accept nominations for the annual Business Appreciation Month awards. The awards serve as a statewide tribute to businesses for their contributions to Kansas and their local communities.
April 3 is the deadline to nominate a business for an award. The awards are announced each June.
Regional finalists are recognized at an awards ceremony during the Team Kansas/Kansas Cavalry awards banquet, with the top nominee receiving the Governor’s Award of Excellence, the highest award given to a business by the state. The 2012 winner was Nex-Tech Inc. of Lenora.
Nominations are accepted from chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, small business development centers, organizations and individuals. Companies may also nominate themselves.
There will be regional winners selected in the manufacturing/distribution, service, retail and hospital/non-profit categories. Overall finalists give a presentation about their company and community involvement to the panel of judges.
Award qualifications include:
- Business expansion in Kansas.
- Successful employee retention and recruitment practices.
- Employee training/educational programs.
- Capital investment in Kansas.
- Support of local activities including school activities, community events, economic development and leadership programs.
To submit an online nomination, visit KansasCommerce.com/BAM.