The upper level system will continue to shift off to the east today, which will allow snow to taper off. Strong sustained winds near 25 to 30 miles per hour will be common with gusts to near 40 miles per hour causing blowing and drifting of snow. High temperatures will struggle to reach the upper 20s to lower 30s in most locations.
Good news is on the way, however, as much warmer temperatures are in store for the rest of the week. Highs will gradually get warmer each day, finally topping out in the 50s to even 60s by Thursday
- Today: Snow with areas of blowing snow before 3pm, then a slight chance of snow between 3pm and 4pm. High near 31. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 32 to 41 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Wind chill values as low as 4. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 11 to 16 mph in the evening.
- Monday: Sunny, with a high near 49. Northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. North northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 68.