Federal Immigration Office Adding 500 Jobs In Kansas

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service plans to add 500 workers in Overland Park.

The agency said Tuesday the new workers will help with extra paperwork caused by a presidential order this summer that allows young undocumented workers to stay in the U.S. without fear of deportation.

The employees will work for the CIS national benefits center, with operations expected to begin in mid-December.

The presidential directive applied to illegal immigrants not over the age of 30 who came to the U.S. when they younger than 16. They have to live in the country for at least five years and have no felony or significant misdemeanor convictions.

  • hmmm

    WOW this is great. We have Americans who are living on the streets due to no jobs, now our President is going to let illigals stay here, and work and basically take food out of some American families mouths.

    • Bob Craig

      Does that surprise you??? hang on, its gonna get worse.

      • http://hayspost american

        maybe as a reblican you like the sound of “death panels” as a better answer?

    • http://hayspost american

      what do you care arn’t those the people you all (gop)clain that don’t want to work, they just want all that free stuff.

  • wondering

    Where do you think your ancesters came from, I would rather have them become legal and work and pay taxes, then be here illegal and get paid under the table. And just so you know, I am an American citizen, born and raised in the state of Kansas

    • wondering too

      I too am a life long American citizen whose ancestors came here for a better life. The difference is they came legally. Is it too much to ask that if someone from another country wants to become an American, that they do it legally and with the process that we have established? What you’re insinuating is that it makes no difference whether they come legally or illegally, it’s all good. Oh, and just so you know, I am not against people coming to America….just do it legally.